China’s MBBS Has Been Standardized
China’s Ministry of Education published new, stringent guidelines in 2007 under the name “Provisions for Quality Control Standards on Undergraduate Medical Education in English for International Students in China” to standardize MBBS instruction in English for foreign students. The new laws have helped to standardize MBBS in China for Indian students in English-medium institutions only. There have been many misunderstandings, issues, contradictions, and disadvantages regarding MBBS teaching in English medium for overseas students prior to the introduction of new laws by MOE, China.
Study MBBS in China
According to overseas education consultants, every year, the Chinese Ministry of Education publishes a list of accredited medical schools that accept foreign students for MBBS programmes taught in English.
Reasons to PG Course and Study MBBS in China
- 100-year-old universities offering top-notch instruction.
- Six campuses spread throughout 135 hectors have a library with 4 Lakh books and faculty with US and UK training.
- Chinese people are polite to foreigners, particularly Indians. The State Government oversees the non-profit (i.e., non-commercial) universities.
- There is no requirement to learn Chinese when attending an English-medium school with an MCI (Medical Council of India) curriculum that is recognized by the World Health Organization.
- The 5.5-year graduation programme consists of a 3-year, low-cost post-graduate programme and 4.5 years of theory instruction. The cost of tuition is quite low in comparison to medical education in India.
- Indian food and air conditioning.
- With more than 37 MS/MD/MDS specialties, including 8 super specializations, in fields including cardiology, neurosurgery, paediatrics, and radiology.
- Visa without hassle ( VISA SPONSERED BY UNIVERSITY)
- Not need to take tests like the EMCET.
- To study medicine in China, you must have intermediate Biology, Physics, and Chemistry – 60% marks.
- Ages 17–28 years, 21–39 years for PG MBBS or BDS with 50% or higher marks.
MBBS in China Program Approved by MOE
The following is the key component of the new regulations that MOE, China, has announced:
The MBBS programme in English is a 6-year programme for international students. The sixth year is the internship year, which can be finished either at the hospitals of the university in China or in a hospital back home that has been approved by the relevant country’s Ministry of Health.
In order to ensure effective communication with Chinese patients in hospitals, Chinese language study is required throughout the entire programme together with the MBBS programme in English medium. Before beginning an internship in the sixth year at a university in China, students are required to pass the HSK exam, which measures their ability in Chinese.
English Language Courses Are Vaile for Indian Students
The Medical Education Expert Group will be given a commission by the Ministry of Education to evaluate the undergraduate English-language medical education programme for foreign students in China and to publish a list of the institutions and their admissions policies. International enrollment in the English-taught undergraduate medical programme is not permitted at the institutions whose names are not on the list.
Medical Degree in China Benefits
The ability to award master’s degrees in Basic Medicine and Clinical Medicine (First-level Subjects) is a requirement for higher education institutions that accept international students for undergraduate medical programmes in English in China. Additionally, teachers at affiliated hospitals with Grade III, Level A are qualified to instruct all subjects in English.
The following is a list of medical schools in China that the Ministry of Education has approved to offer MBBS in English medium in 2011/2012:
The P.R.C. Ministry of Education reserves the right to provide the ultimate interpretation in cases of disagreement; the English translation is provided for informational purposes only.
Why Study MBBS and Take a PG Course in China?
Standardization of MBBS in China
List of Chinese medical schools with MBBS programmes offered in English is available on the MCI website.
- Anhui Medical University
- Bengbu Medical College
- Huainan College For The Coal Industry (School of Medicine)
- Wannan Medical College
- Beijing University of Chinese Medicine
- Capital University of Medical Sciences
- Peking Union Medical College
- Peking University (Peking University Health Science Center)
- Tsinghua University
- Chongqing University of Medical Sciences
- Fujian Medical University
- Fujian University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Putian University
- Xiamen University
- Gansu College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Lanzhou University
- Northwest University for Nationalities
- Foshan University
- Guangdong Medical University
- Guangdong Pharmaceutical University
- Guangzhou Medical University
- Guangzhou University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Jinan University
- Shantou University
- Shaoguan University
- Shenzhen University
- Southern Medical University
- Sun Yat-sen University
- Guangxi Medical University
- Guilin Medical College
- Hainan Medical College
- Hebei North University
- Hebei Medical University
- Harbin Medical College
- Zhengzhou University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Faculty of Medicine
- The University of Hong Kong, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine
- Hong Kong Baptist University, School of Chinese Medicine
- Wuhan University
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Hubei University of Medicine
- China Three Gorges University
- Yangtze University
- Xianning University
- Hubei University of Chinese Medicine
- Central South University
- Changsha Medical University
- Hunan University of Chinese Medicine
- Nantong University College of Medicine
- China Pharmaceutical University
- Nanjing Medical University
- Soochow University
- Southeast University
- Jiangsu University – School of Clinical Medicine
- Yangzhou University – Medical College
- Xuzhou Medical College
- Gannan Medical College
- Jiujiang Medical University
- Yichun Medical University
- Medical College of Nanchang University
- Jinggangshan University (Jinggangshan University Medical School)
- Jilin University
- Beihua University (Faculty of Medicine)
- China Medical University (PRC)
- Dalian Medical University
- Liaoning Medical University
- Shenyang Medical College
- Ningxia Medical University
- West China Medical Center of Sichuan University
- Chengdu Medical College
- North Sichuan Medical College
- Luzhou Medical college
- Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Southwest Jiaotong University School of Medicine
- shanxi university of Traditional chinese medicine
- Xian Jiaotong University
- The Fourth Military Medical University
- Jining Medical University
- Qingdao University
- Shandong University
- Taishan Medical University
- Weifang medical college
- Binzhou Medical University
- Fudan University (Fudan University Shanghai Medical College, formerly Shanghai Medical University)
- Shanghai Jiaotong University (School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, formerly Shanghai Second Medical University)
- Second Military Medical University
- Tongji University
- Tianjin Medical University
- Shihezi university school of medicine
- Xinjiang Medical University
- Dali University
- Kunming Medical University
- Clinical Medicine College of Hangzhou Normal University
- Zhejiang University School of Medicine
- Wenzhou Medical College
Choose from the above listed universities to get your MBBS in China degree in 2023. Also, take professional help for choosing the correct university. The new laws have contributed to the standardization of MBBS in China for Indian students only in English-medium institutions. Prior to the introduction of new laws by the MOE, China, there were numerous misunderstandings, issues, contradictions, and disadvantages regarding MBBS teaching in English medium for international students.