Last Updated on July 9, 2023 by hassan abbas
We all know what kind of an impact technology has made in our lives. There hasn’t been any industry left that hasn’t been affected by the impact of technology. Technology changed the world. Thanks to the fast pace of technology, communication, staying connected and updated with the happenings of the world is no longer a big challenge.
It goes without saying that technology has had a gigantic impact on all the industries of the world. Be it the healthcare, media, entertainment, and all other industries, every industry had to pay some sort of fee. However, one might not think of it, but technology has also impacted the sports industry on a vast level. Do you want to know how? We will tell you. In this blog, we will discuss how technology has impacted the sports industry. So, without any ado, let us jump into the blog and see what it offers to us.
- Expanded Reach: The technology has enabled the organizers and presenters to now reach a wider range of audiences. Where the reach of the presenters and broadcasting of sports was restricted to a few confined channels, it has now expanded more due to the introduction of video-on-demand channels. There are several channels that present the coverage of various national and international competitions. For example, where only a few channels would broadcast the coverage of the Olympics a few years ago, the same is now available on more channels these days.
Not only this, earlier you would need to wait till the next day to catch the highlights of a sports event in the newspaper. However, things changed dramatically; Now every other channel is capable enough to present the live broadcasting of the sports event directly to your screens. Not only this, but one can also use an online conference platform to stream live matches and enjoy them with friends and family.
- Interaction with Favorite Athletes: Moving on to the next factor of how technology has changed the sports industry, reaching out to favorite athletes has become easier than ever. For example, if I want to reach out to my favorite athlete now, all I need to do is tweet and mention him. Also, what might have seemed impossible earlier has become very common these days. For example, thinking that my favorite athlete would retweet my tweet would be considered impossible earlier. However, things have gotten more in approach and now, it is not at all that huge.
- Increased Efficiency: As we talked about it earlier, before the presence of social media and technology on this vast level. Earlier, one would rely on only a few platforms to catch their favorite sports events live. However, things have changed completely these days. Earlier, when one was required to halt all their tasks just so that they could catch their favorite event live, scenes are no longer the same now. If I am driving, I can still catch the live updates with the help of a live stream feed on Twitter.
- Community Creation: It goes without saying that the introduction of social media platforms has brought all the fans together on a single platform and has created communities. People from all over the world are now connected through one platform or the other and can share their fandom on a large scale. It has helped the teams raise enthusiasm among their fans and helped them gain more popularity than ever.
- Recording: With the help of several video-on-demand platforms, one can record the live broadcasting of their favorite live matches. It helps them keep up with their daily lives and enjoy the match whenever they feel like it. The introduction of online event platforms as well as video-on-demand platforms has revamped how fans used to enjoy their events completely.
- Online Ticketing: Earlier, if you wanted to enjoy a cricket match live, the only way to ensure that was to stand in never-ending queues and get the tickets yourself. And wasn’t it hectic? However, thanks to the latest registration and ticketing applications that would enable them to book tickets for their favorite upcoming match right from the comfort of their homes. Hence, technology has completely eliminated the need to stand in queues, get trashed by the harsh sunlight, and then enjoy the match. All you need to do is tap on your mobile screen these days, and voila! Your tickets get booked, all without you moving away from your sofa.
- Fair Play: It goes without saying that technology has helped in promoting a fair gaming experience. Earlier, it was not possible to catch the replays of the games, which would lead players to blame the referees for unfair decisions and favoritism. However, as time passed and technology evolved, the sports industry introduced instant replays. Now, thanks to technology, one can always rely on replays during the chances of the slightest doubts.
Technology has always had an immense impact on all kinds of industries. And, as going by nature, technology is only evolving these days. Earlier, when it was completely impossible to think of anything like conducting employee training on webinars and something like virtual exhibitions. However, as time passed, the technology showed its impact. Now, one can host almost every event on virtual event platforms.
Amongst the several industries that got affected by the wrath of the coronavirus, the sports industry was also one. Earlier, the only way to enjoy a match earlier was by watching it live. Now, the introduction of online conference platforms changed the scene drastically.
Now, one can enjoy the matches with their close friends and family. Also, they can have all the fun that was once only possible by attending matches in the stadium. With online platforms, one can enjoy matches just like doing it live. Not only this, these tools come with several one-on-one live interaction tools. With these tools, one can interact with fellow attendees, enjoy the match with peers, and have the best of experiences.
Now, talking of the platforms that are available in the market, there are several options that one can choose from. It is due to the fact that online events and online event platforms have become more common than ever. Now, where it enables users to choose from any option, it also creates a lot of confusion among them. However, one needs to have complete clarity of what they expect from the platform.