Different individuals consume coffee for various reasons. Others enjoy the flavor. Some people need that caffeine surge to help them through the morning. Others just like the ritual of making their warm cup every morning.
Whatever your motivation, you should take extra care to ensure that it tastes fantastic – yeah, we’re talking coffee shop-level excellence. Continue reading if you need to learn how to improve your coffee. Here are a few helpful hints that everyone may use, whether a novice or an experienced coffee drinker.
Adding flavors to your daily brew may enhance it or cover up the distinctively bitter taste of coffee. You may want to consider using some of the following items, depending on what you’re after:
- Cinnamon – Adding cinnamon to your coffee may bring out its sweetness and give it a hint of spiciness.
- Chocolate – Another item that can improve the flavor of your coffee is chocolate. And cinnamon added to chocolate powder makes it better!
- Coconut oil – Coconut oil is excellent for giving your coffee a little coconut flavor. You may also make your handmade frappuccino by combining coconut oil, coconut milk, and other components.
- Butter or ghee – Adding butter or ghee to your coffee will make it creamier. It tastes fantastic when baked into handmade doughnuts or melted into hot chocolate!
- Orange juice – Adding orange juice to your coffee can also give it a delicious flavor (and it pairs well with cinnamon).
- Protein powder: You may add protein powder to coffee to give it more protein and a thicker texture.
- Honey – Honey may be added to coffee to give it a sweeter flavor, and some people think it might also aid with allergies!
Do Your Own Beans Grinding
Taking control of the grinding game is one way to take your morning coffee to the next level. Decaf coffee beans have a superior taste and scent to coffee grounds, regardless of the roast you desire. No grain mill? No issue. The beans should be processed in a blender or food processor until they are ready for brewing.
Use Other Methods for Brewing Coffee
How should coffee be brewed in the morning? Although each person has their tastes, have a look at these brewing techniques:
- Pour-over: The pour-over technique employs glass or ceramic for a non-toxic brewing process, in contrast to specific plastic drip machines. Although it does take time, the result will be a smooth, tasty cup of coffee.
- Plunger/press: In this brewing technique, the grounds are spooned into a glass pitcher, water is added on top, and the mixture is then separated from the water using a plunger. The stainless steel mesh filter improves taste while preserving healthy polyphenols.
- Percolate: To make a robust, rich brew, use a percolator, also known as a Moka pot. The optimum grind is uniform and refined because it effectively enables water to pass through the coffee funnel.
Try Using Frothed Milk
If your body can take dairy and you like milk in your coffee, consider switching to raw, grass-fed milk. Due to the naturally present milk sugars, use it sparingly and always choose the full-fat kind. Use a frother to make the milk extra creamy so you may have a latte at home.
Try Different Brewing Ratios
Ratios are crucial. While the directions on the packaging are a wonderful place to start when determining the proper proportions, it never hurts to be creative and experiment. Experimenting with brew ratios may assist in resolving specific issues if you feel that your coffee is too strong or that the mouthfeel does not seem right.
A quick Google search will turn up a ton of ratios that are suggested for various brewing techniques. A bypass brew is a fantastic method to overcome your fear of over-extraction if it is your phobia. It entails brewing a little concentrated quantity of coffee, which is then diluted with more hot water.
The coffee ritual might help you discover what genuinely makes you happy. Do you like spending a few seconds grinding your beans? Do you like adding extras to your coffee, such as spices and good fats? Your morning routine should invigorate and motivate you to cross everything off your to-do list. Use the tips above to change your coffee routine if you’ve been operating similarly.